Saturday 6 March 2021

The Killer Combo in Audio Perfectionist


Malaysia actually is not short of having a good venue to experience real hifi sound. This week, I continue to explore another venue in Jaya One, Petaling Jaya. Not that I am not familiar with the venue but the last time I visited this shop was last year when I bought my McIntosh MCD350 SACD player. Not much have changed with the room itself but the equipment now features the following:

McIntosh XRT1.1k speakers.
McIntosh C1100 pre amp.
McIntosh MC462 power amp. 
Cary Audio DMS700 streamer. 
McIntosh MCD350 CD player. 
HRS SXR Audio Stand. 
HRS R3X isolation platform. 
HRS damping plate on top and Helix under the DMS700. 
HRS Vortex under C1100 controller and pre amp. 
Ansuz Speakz A2 speaker cable. 
Ansuz Signalz C2 1.5m xlr from DMS700 to pre amp. 
Ansuz Signalz A2 1.5m xlr from pre to power. 
Ansuz Mainz8 D2 distributor. 
Ansuz Mainz A2 power cord from wall to distributor. 
From distributor to components all Ansuz Mainz X2 1.5m power cord.




When Issac Ho of Audio Perfectionist messaged me to come and see something new, I agreed and arranged for a Friday evening to visit the shop as soon as I can travel inter district. Besides the CaryAudio DMS700 streamer which I had the pleasure to review it at home, there was also the new HRS racking system. The HRS racking system is for the discerning audiophile who really want to squeeze out the very best of their system. I was entertained with various track after track.

In this sampler of Japanese Roots by Takedake, this whole set up send shivers to my back with its deep digging low frequency and at the same time, having that airy experience with its mids and highs. The percussion sounded punchy and lively. While its wind instrument really pushing the envelope of providing sweet sounding highs. When I first saw the set up, I was a bit overwhelmed with the height of the XRT 1.1k speakers but as it was set up properly, that overwhelming feeling turned in enjoyment of a good pairing between a McIntosh amplification and speakers with Cary Audio DMS700 streamer.

I must also admit that the HRS is giving some different impact. We did some comparison listening with and without the HRS damping plate and Nimbus system. As this is a very revealing set up, I must say the difference was quite evident. Without these tweaks, the string works and percussion sounded a little bit less dynamic. You have to a go with this experiment and visit the shop.

I am actually not done yet enjoying the system here but Issac promised for another session once their turntable is fully set up. 


To demo this system, please contact them and arrange for a demo session. You will not regret it.




 

No comments: