Sunday 9 July 2023

A Visit to ATLAS Sound & Vision Malaysia



The ATLAS Sound and Vision lifestyle outlet in The Gardens Mall is not a typical hifi shop. I have been frequenting this shop for many years to purchase various BOSE products from wireless headphones to noise cancelling ones to bedroom lifestyle units. I also purchased my Bluesound bedroom units in a more recent years. So, when Megat invited me to listen to the DALI flagship KORE speakers, I was a bit puzzled. Nevertheless, the specific listening event happened during my busy business trips time, hence I missed it. Nevertheless, Megat was accommodating to have me come and listen to the set up on a later date. THANK YOU Megat!

I actually listened to these speakers in the previous KLIAV show in 2022 where it was paired with an NAD amp if I was not mistake. It did sound very majestic indeed. Now, in this shop, this speakers were paired with Devialet Expert Pro amplifier which is another brand that had always amazes me with its look and sound quality.


Although I played several test tracks, playing this track Soolaiman by Neil Diamond was the highlight of the session. The drums and percussion sounded full and delivered with such speed and accuracy. It really got my feet thumping away. Neil's vocal was also really engaging and the overall musical presentation was in fact again, majestic! In fact, I do feel the Devialet gave a better performance to pairing the KORE with the NAD amplifier in the past set up.








This was not a full assessment of the set up but more of a casual listening session in which I enjoyed it. The KORE is one fine speakers in every aspect of musical delivery an aesthatic looks. Its a masterpiece that demands a room that matches its performance.

This set up is not a permanent feature in this shop, so better give them a call first if you intend to listen the KORE.

No comments: