Wednesday 1 January 2014

Reflection of 2013 Hifi Journey

A happy new year to all. Hope 2014 will be a better year for all.

Looking back into the past year, there were lots of things that happened that I should feel blessed.

THANKS
I took the leap into blogging on 1st Jan 2013. I actually have started this blog much earlier but didnt have enough guts to click on the Publish button... It was always saved as draft... And completed the year with 29572 pageviews. Thanks to all viewers and readers. That is 2464 views per month... Not too bad I think.

I know some readers do ridicule my reviews on other forum platforms which I have learnt to take it as a constructive learning but there are also nice and good supporters... which some really took my reviews as a guide to their hifi journey.

And not to forget the following people and companies for their event invitations, product samples and also friendship, in no preference order:

1. Tony Lee of LTB Enterprise for all the Musical Fidelity home demos, advices (life and hifi) and teh tarik.
2. James Tan and Tony Low of AV Designs for the TV callibration, launch event invitations, dinner and introduction to Bryston (still my reference headphone amp) and Darbee... 
3. Hifi4sale.net fellow moderators and bosses...thanks for entrusting me to be part of the moderator team.
4. Steve Chua of CMY One Utama for the cabling advice and also Beyer T1 headphone
5. Kingrex of Taiwan for their UD384 USB DAC and USB cable samples for review
6. RHA of Scotland for their RHA750 IEM sample for review
7. Editor of Audiofi.net for NAD390DD and Supra USB cable sample for review
8. Mov_freak for willingness to source for me the HFPA discs and deliver by hand... Erik, Victor etc...
9. Friends who visited me at home to enjoy music and do some friendly shoot out.
10. My ex-company colleague Mr. S.K....whom gave me an Amari RCM for a farewell gift. 
11. RAVE Systems Sdn. Bhd particularly TK Han and Uncle for their invitation of their Genesis and Tech DAS AFO launch event
12. Mr. Aaron for the Audeze LCD2 sample unit for test and review.
13. Mr. Dick Tan for the annual KLIAV shows and frinedly banters and talks.
14. Analogue Fellowhsip especially Dr. Paris, Kuan Yew Nam, Dato Danon, Song etc for their friendship and hifi wisdom sharing..
15. The regulars at AV Designs ...for their friendly welcomes and chats... Jo Ki, Willy, Felix, SFLam etc.. 
16. Feedback from Google+ members on this blog...you know who you are :)
17. Rock Corner especially KLCC, BV, Gardens, The Curve branches for their discounts on LPs.
18. Chong for the UD110 USB DAC review sample...its a keeper of course
19. Drife for bringing by my old flame ..the Sony CDP XB930E
20. Last but no least....my wife and kids who gives me the space and time to enjoy my hobby...and for the Beyer T1 headphone birthday gift.

Did I leave out anyone???


HiFi Progression

Referring to my posting on 1st January 2013... http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/el-hefes-2013-hi-fi-set-up.html

I have only managed to achieve 2 out of 3 targets..

1. Upgraded my main DAC to from Musical Fidelity M1 DAC to an M6 DAC... my personal stellar purchase.... a keeper for sometime...

2. Record Cleaning Machine.... thanks to my ex-colleague and mentor Mr. S.K. from Jakarta, I now own one as he gave me an Amari RCM for a farewell gift.

3. Wanted to upgrade my office headphones to a new Musical Fidelity flagship headphones.... unfortunately.... there is still no sign of the production of this flagship model.... So I got sidetracked and got myself  (or my wife got it for me)....the Beyer T1 flagship unit...

Sidetracks:

1. Rekindled with an old flame... the Sony XB930E CD player
2. Lots of LPs
3. High Fidelity Pure Audio
4. BOSE AE2W bluetooth headphone
5. Darbee 

So, I am starting up 2014 with this set up:



Dream to have but most probably will never get one

1. TechDAS Air Force One turntable
2. PMC Fact 12 speakers

Dream to have but may put some effort in getting one in 2014

1. Bryston Mini T speakers to replace my Mission M34i home cinema front speakers
2. A projector and screen set up / 60" or 65" TV

No comments: