The media launch and press conference for the annual Kuala Lumpur International AV show was held today at JW Marriott hotel in Bukit Bintang.
Mr. Dick Tan, head honcho of 3DotEvent, mentioned that this year's show tag line is Big Sound Equals to Big Picture. Referring to the latest AV craze of Dolby ATMOS will be featured by some of the exhibitors.
Despite the uncertainty of how GST will truly impact the show, the exhibitors were still enthusiastic about the year's show. At the time of press conference, there were only 3 more rooms left to be filled up.
The usual local hifi and headfi distributors, the crew from Malay Mail and AV2day chief were all present.
- James Tan and Tony Low of AV Designs
- Maxx Loh of Maxx Audio
- Joseph Ki whom is back this year with his system
- John Yew of CMY
- Yuheng of Jaben
- Willy Low of AV2day.com among others
- David Low of Audio Art
- ..... and a new entry this year..
- Mr. Adnan Ahmad of KOGA Audio... founder and designer of the Pentha, D'Bomb and Aimez amplification. Another local hifi designer and manufacturer after the debut of HiFi Creations last year which showcased the Arpeggio Pensato speakers.
There was also a lucky draw during the launching where selected BD titles were given away plus BD players and headphones.
For this year show, there will also be the 4th Commemorative CD given for free for paying attendees of the show.
Mr. Dick Tan will also be arranging for a couple hifi talks and seminar for this event.
KLIAV show will be held on 3rd to 5th July in JW Marriott. Be there or be square.